This is off topic – not a short story at all. It’s actually a request. If I were to enter one of my stories in a contest, which one should I choose? Which one would you chose? Which one do you think meets this criteria the best?
The judges will evaluate each one based on the following criteria: style, content, clarity, pacing, inspiration, and originality
- Is the submission well-written and readable?
- Does the submission engage the reader?
- Is the subject matter consistent with the contest’s theme?
- Does the author effectively use mood to convey the overall theme?
- Is the author’s personal style distinctive?
The theme is just Christian. It says, “Perhaps it is a story of answered prayer, of God coming through for you when you least expected it. Or maybe your story is humorous, illustrating God’s work at play.”
This would be the first writing contest I enter. As a new writer, I need your help to make the best, most objective choice. The deadline is April 16, 2018 and must be under 800 words. So my longer stories are not options.
Thank you so much for helping me!