Wow! What a great birthday! Most years my birthday passes as just another day – nothing special happens and there’s no celebrations. I expected the same this year.
But I was wrong. I feel like God celebrated my day with me by giving me several gifts – an unexpected check in the mail, a unexpected gift from my husband, an ultrasound and good news about my soon-to-be-born first granddaughter, and now… the Light of the World Award!
Thank you Joe from Lighthouse Devotions for nominating me!
Joe created this award to honor authors (bloggers) whose presence on the web serve as a shining light for Christ and His Gospel of salvation. (You can read his words here.)
There is no greater honor he could have given me!
Here are the rules:
- Save and add the award image (pictured above) on your blog.
- Create a page/post to mention the award nomination and thank the person/blog that nominated you. Make sure you provide a link to their site.
- Give credit to the creator of the award (Lighthouse Devotions) and provide a link to the site as well.
- List the rules.
- Answer the next four questions on the same post:
- What three words would you use to describe your blog?
- In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
- What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
- What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
- Nominate 7 or more people/blogs to receive the award. Briefly explain why you think they should receive it and provide a link to their sites.
- Contact them and let them know that you nominated them.
- Proved them with a link to the Rules page.
- Say a prayer thanking God for His light and ask that He continue to shine it through you and your blog.
- Keep shining the light of Christ wherever you go and in whatever you do!
Here are my answers.
A. creative, glorifying, unique
B. The people I’ve known that seemed to shine the brightest were people who had a heart for Jesus and lived by what He taught. By all of what He taught. What HE taught. No matter how hard.
C. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.
D. Shine Jesus Shine an old worship song I loved!!
And my Nominees…
His Perfect Timing – always positive, great graphics and even songs
Pastor Tommy Grace for the Race – relates scripture to everyday life, makes me feel like I really can be a light in this world
Sue Love Run With It – shines the light of His Word through scripture based commentary and song
T. R. Noble, Inside Cup – songs, devotionals, commentaries, – her light shines through all of it
Efua Grace Over Pain – several kinds of posts, always interesting and positive
Amy Blount A New Life – God’s power to redeem and restore is a powerful light to those with traumatic backgrounds
Becoming His Tapestry – uplifting, makes me feel she’s writing directly to me
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. – Matthew 5:14 (NAS)