I was delightfully surprised to be nominated for the Light of the World Award again, this time by the awesome dancer, photographer, and writer BibleBloggerGirl of Teen, Meet God. Her love for God at such a young age is an inspiration to me! This award was created by Joe from Lighthouse Devotions. I like this award because its name is all about what I’m trying to do with my blogs – shine a little light into the world. To be nominated twice is the highest compliment I could receive! Thank you so much, Shae!
Here are the rules:
- Save and add the award image on your blog. (Here is the link for the award post with image and rules of award.)
- Create a page/post to mention the award nomination and thank the person/blog that nominated you. Make sure you provide a link to their site.
- Give credit to the creator of the award (Lighthouse Devotions) and provide a link to the site as well. (http://www.Lighthousedevotions.blog)
- List the rules.
- Answer the next four questions on the same post:
- What three words would you use to describe your blog?
- In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
- What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
- What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
- Nominate 7 or more people/blogs to receive the award. Briefly explain why you think they should receive it and provide a link to their sites.
- Contact them and let them know that you nominated them.
- Provide them with a link to the Rules page.
- Say a prayer thanking God for His light and ask that He continue to shine it through you and your blog.
- Keep shining the light of Christ wherever you go and in whatever you do!
My new answers:
- God-focused, variety, encouraging
- by walking the talk – by really believing what we say we believe, and being open about that belief
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
- Lights Shine Bright by TobyMac (feat Hollyn)
I have nominated many amazing bloggers for this and another award, and most have not accepted them. I know of a few reasons, but most I can only guess. The last thing I want to do is bother anyone by nominating them when they’d prefer not to be involved. So, instead of trying to guess who’d appreciate being nominated, I’m going to do this a different way. If you’d like to be nominated, or know someone who would love to receive this award, leave me a comment. I will choose seven who, as the award says, shine Jesus’ light in a dark world and list them here. 🙂